American Angler 2017 Photo Contest
CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SPONSORS: YETI, Scientific Anglers, Simms, 12WT, Scott Fly Rods, Cortland, Diamondback Rod Co., G. Loomis, Keepemwet Fishing, Renzetti, R Distirbution, BUFF, Cabela’s, Flymen Fishing Co., Fly Tyer Magazine, Fishing with Feathers, Bozeman Creative, RIO Products, Umpqua, Firehole Outdoors, Qualifly, and Orvis.
Rules & Prizes:
You can upload a total of 10 images throughout the contest. There are 6 categories for you to submit to, so you have up to 19 chances to win a prize from our sponsors!
WE RECOMMEND SUBMITTING HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS. Winning photos will need to be high res to be published in print.
This contest will run from Memorial Day (May 29th) to Labor Day (September 4th).
Be sure to like all of our sponsors for extra credit!
Photographs must have been made by the entrant in the calendar years of 2016 or 2017. Photographs which have been obviously altered with digital enhancements or composite imaging will not be accepted. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents are acceptable. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, they reserve the right to disqualify it. Remember, this is a fly fishing photo contest; all irrelevant materials will not be considered for entry or prizes.
For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to American Angler upon request. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER:
Only digital entries submitted through this form will be considered and accepted.
Entries which do not follow contest submission rules may be disallowed at the discretion of the American Angler contest judges.
By entering the contest, entrants grant American Angler magazine a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, calendar, scholarly and all other standard American Angler magazine purposes. Any photograph reproduced in American Angler magazine will include a photographer credit and website listing if applicable. American Angler will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
All entries must be received by American Angler magazine by September 4th at 5 pm.
Judging of the annual contest will be conducted by the editors of American Angler magazine. Winning photographs and selected finalists will be published in later issue of American Angler. Decisions of the judges will be final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries.
The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. American Angler Magazine reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of the American Angler Magazine judges will be final. Winners must sign a release and license and will be responsible for paying any taxes they may owe on a prize.
Employees and directors of Sponsors and all of its subsidiary and related companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees and directors are not eligible. By entering this Contest, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to win, and purchasing any product will not improve your chances to win. Contest void in states where contest is not valid or allowed. Winner must accept all terms and conditions of prize to qualify.
THE OFFICIAL RULES
- ELIGIBILITY. This contest (the “Contest”) is offered by Morris Communications Company, LLC. The Contest is open only to those who are at least 18 years old as of the Contest start date of 4/4/2017. This Contest is not open to residents of a state where state law prohibits such contests. Employees and directors of Sponsors and all of its subsidiary and related companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees and directors are not eligible. By entering this Contest, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to win, and purchasing any product will not improve your chances to win. Contest void in states where contest is not valid or allowed. Winner must accept all terms and conditions of prize to qualify.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. The promotional period for The Contest begins on 5/29/2017 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, and ends on 9/04/2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- ENTRY. There is no cost, nor purchase required to enter The Contest, which must be entered via the Internet at www.americanangler.com, accessible directly and via other sites. To enter by Internet, you must already have access to the Internet, as it is not required that you obtain Internet access solely to participate in this Contest. The computer used to enter the Contest must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology (now known or hereafter devised or discovered), which may be used by MCC magazines for the purposes of entry tracking. Complete the entry form by completing all requested fields and follow the instructions at the website. False or fictitious information is not allowed and may void the entry. All entries must be made manually. Entries submitted through the use of scripts, programs or other electro-mechanical processes (other than manual entry) are prohibited. No responsibility is assumed for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/usenet.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Contest is void where prohibited. Each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in this contest. To accomplish this, winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, W-9 and Release from Liability within 10 days of notification. Failure to timely return this affidavit, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification with an alternate winner selected. Where permitted by law, a winner (and in those instances when an interim drawing has taken place, a potential winner who has been selected in the interim drawings) agrees to grant to Sponsor, and its licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the website, to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest for any drawing(s) and select the winner from entries received for that drawing prior to the action taken. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING, LEGAL OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE www.americanangler.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Richmond County, Georgia having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Georgia without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Contestants agree to allow their photos to be used in promotional materials.
- WINNER’S LIST. The winner’s list will be displayed in a future issue of American Angler, 2017.
- COPPA POLICY. In accordance with the Children’s Online Protection Policy, we cannot accept registration from anyone under the age of eighteen. COPPA provides protection for children while online and prohibits websites from accepting any identifiable data or information from anyone thirteen and under.